In the spirit of our monthly podcast, FeedPod which features poetry, poetics and music, woven together through mythscientific gestures, and the Beautiful Voices Project, a by-us-for us audio archive of poems and poetry-related materials that Harmony Holiday and Fence Books launched during National Poetry Month and have been building daily since, both here: http://afrosonics.tumblr.com/, and as a more formal archive of LPs at Columbia University’s Music Library, we are now offering a subscription service on a per-year basis, which will feature detailed booklets of liner notes from our Podcast and the Beautiful Voices Project, as well as related, specially designed and curated, “objects” and ephemera, mailed to you on a just-about-monthly basis.
This “Journal of Objects,” a new take on the literary journal, will evolve to consist of things like:
- Free downloads of select individual tracks from FeedPod and the Beautiful Voices Project
- Posters/Postcards: In the words of Harmony herself: “I have what I’m calling an ‘Impossible Concert Series’ poster series in mind, meaning I plan to design a series of posters that advertise concerts that didn’t happen in a mythmaking way, O’Hara with Miles Davis is a crude example of what I might mean, maybe writing some lore in the form of mini reviews to accompany the posters. Inverse theory mythscientific dream type event horizons.”
- Free Compilation downloads from the Beautiful Voices Project and the Archive of Afro/Astrosonics
- Film Screenings in the Astro/Afrosonics tradition such as the online retrospective of Bill Gunn’s unscreened works we are putting together now
- An online panel/interview series that will culminate in live events
- T-shirts and other garments featuring prints of some of the material in the liner notes, etc.
- Special Astro/Afrosonics blends of tea, and herbs
- Crystals and mineral salts and other Vivrant Things
- Online Seminars on the topic of Astro/Afrosonics, as well as live-and-direct iterations
- Guerrilla reprints of out-of-print books in the Astro/Afrosonics tradition
To subscribe to this compendium of Afro/Astrosonical voices slash objects slash mysteries, please do click here.